Thursday, June 09, 2011

Re: Paddling at last

... Oops, I mis-typed and sent that last one a little before I finished typing.

A week ago I hurt my back moving a canoe so I spent the first five days of the Brigade slowly limping around with a sore back. This afternoon however I decided to join one of the canoes that needed another paddler. It was great to paddle again and the water pushed us along quickly. I will probably avoid carrying canoes for awhile -- the unexpected transfer of weight and awkward carrying position is a problem for me and my back continues to need to recover.
----------
Sent from my BlackBerry

1 comment:

Theresa said...

think of the French Canadian voyageurs, Don, who carried canoes and beaver belts on their backs, plagued by black flies and mosquitoes, retiring with bad backs and hernias after many years of hard labour. No, wait, that's not going to cheer you up at all!